So, on Thursday afternoon I call the doctor's office since I never heard. The doctor didn't really tell me when they would call, just that we could probably do it in the next few weeks. So, I talk to the surgery coordinator. Turns out they actually have 7-10 days to call back, so she didn't really want to talk to me. She just let me know that she has a lot of surgeries to book and that she is already booking into July. Bummer, since I have to wait another three months after the surgery to try again.
As I said in the title, waiting, waiting, waiting. I was going to call back to see if they have some sort of waiting list in case anyone cancels a surgery (I don't care if it is short notice), but my husband thought it was better to just wait and let the lady call me back. Hopefully I'll hear something next week. 10 days would be about May 13th, so I guess I'll call after then if I don't hear anything. I kind of just wish this could be easy and happen soon, but I guess that's too much. It is what it is.
Everyone says that it's just as good to wait to give me even more chance to heal, both physically and emotionally. I guess on a rational level I agree, but I mostly want to throw some sort of temper tantrum like a toddler to try and get my way now.
At least I'm taking this opportunity to get in shape and fix myself up! I've already lost some weight and hopefully soon will be back down to what I weighed before getting pregnant. I also got a tattoo with Heather's name and birthday written in it, so I'm happy about that, too.
Oh, that sucks. I know having the surgery is a positive step in the baby direction, but the wait must be awful. Go ahead, have a fit & get it out of your system. Better to do it now vs. later.
ReplyDeleteGood for you for having a good attitude and some personal goals! And I want to see that tattoo in a future blog post. :)