I guess the lady who schedules the surgeries must've heard my internal voice pleading for her to call me with a date since she called on Friday at 4:45pm. I was completely dreading having to call her back (and my mind was hard at work concocting the worst possible scenarios), but luckily it didn't come to that.
On Tuesday June 9th I'll be getting knocked out to get "repaired." I already know I have to wait three months after surgery before being able to try again, so I'm still on target for trying again around September. It's funny how one little thing can change your mindset, but that's what has happened here. Just knowing when the surgery is scheduled has helped to keep me positive and know that things are moving in the right direction.
It was also good that she called the Friday before Mother's Day. I was already dreading that day, think of how I'm just an "almost Mother." That I had got pregnant and had a baby, but had nothing to show for it except some extra fat and a tattoo. But on Mother's Day, it didn't seem so bad or hopeless. I had a great breakfast with my mom and family. Then my husband and I worked in the garden and played outside for awhile. Then we visited my mother-in-law and went grocery shopping. All-in-all, not a bad day. It does also help that when I do get down, my husband is always right there to remind me that one day (soon, he says) we will have our own little baby.
Also, here's a pic of my tattoo:

You are a mom....no matter what.
ReplyDelete