Friday, January 23, 2009

The Ultrasound

January 21, 2009 -- We have the ultrasound. The baby has grown. By itself, this is great news! But, instead of just that, we find out lots of other bad news. Half of the placenta is no longer functioning due to the abruption. The baby's heartbeat drops dramatically while we are watching (from 150-ish down to about 50-60). It comes back up after a few moments, but the doctor says that is a very ominous sign. While she is growing, she is still too small to be considered viable outside the womb. It is up to my husband and I to make the call. We decide to go home. At least we can be comfortable. The doctor tells us that at some point, the baby will probably die inside me.

January 23, 2009 -- Until I'm told otherwise, I'm going to keep resting, eating, and drinking to give this baby every opportunity. I pray all the time. For strength for my husband and I. For God's will to be done. That His will is a healthy baby, but if it isn't, more strength to get through things. My husband and I have been faced with decisions that no parent should have to make. The doctor's may see our baby as a fetus -- but to us she is still our daughter.

Next steps...Wednesday the 28th we have our follow-up appointment with the same doctor from the hospital and an ultrasound. We have to go to the hospital if I start bleeding again or if there are any other changes.

15 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I'm in tears for you and I will be praying for you, your husband, and your sweet little baby. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pulling for you, your DH and your baby. You are in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you and praying God will deliver you a miracle baby. Keep praying, and believing. No mother should have to go through what you are going through, I am sorry for your suffering. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm praying for you too! I have been ever since seeing your first update on The Nest. Feel free to contact me if you ever need to talk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think of you guys all the time - and I pray for you and your Wildcat, even though I'm not much of a pray-er. I wish I could give you a huge hug, but I am here for whatever. Keep faith and hope! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is there to say for the confusion, frustration yet hope that you are going through. You are in my prayers. You, your husband and your sweet baby inside. They say God does not give you more then you can bear....sometimes we question why me....why us? But please find peace and purpose in all of Gods work. I came across your blog and I will pray so hard for you all.
    God Bless you all.....
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still hanging on to a miracle for you and your precious little one.

    --Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you on the Bump, and I have been thinking about you every since. I continue to hope and pray that your baby girl grows and a miracle is done. In all things, God is good.
    Jen
    (Jen_and_Scott on bump)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am praying for you and I am blown away by your strength. You're already an amazing mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm thinking of you and praying for your strength to face whatever may come, but mostly for your little one's life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have so many people who are praying for a miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My heart is breaking for you and your husband. I will surely keep you guys and your precious daughter in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes to you and your family. A lot of us on the bump are thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I heard about your story about a week ago on the bump and wanted to let you know that I've been praying for your daughter, you & your DH every day and will continue to do so. Please stay strong and keep your faith in God. Remember His ways are not always our ways but he always has our best interests at heart.

    God bless,
    Audrey

    ReplyDelete